From 4 until 11 September 2016 BC architects & studies is organizing together with Solve the Puzzle a design and build workshop about earth building and other local construction techniques of Morocco.
Following aspects will be addressed during this workshop;
- The fundamentals of raw earth building techniques
- The science behind a durable raw earth mixture
- The principles of building an earthen vault
- How to design architecture with local materials
On this link you can find a teaser video showing the previous workshop edition of september 2015. This video gives you a good introduction of what the workshop is about. In attachment you as well can find the flyer of the workshop and on this link some pictures of the previous participants.
About the organizers
- Wayne Switzer, Architect & Earthen Builder, Lehm Ton Erde Gmbh, Assistant to Anna Heringer & Martin Rauch, ETH Zürich,
- Nicolas Coeckelberghs, Architect at BC architects & studies, DSA CRAterre
Lecturer at U-Hasselt Faculty of Architecture
- Oussama Moukmir, Contractor & expert of Argilex Bio-construction, Speaker CIATerre 2015
- Anthony Hermans, founder of Belgian non-profit Solve the Puzzle,
For more information please contact: